It’s an alluring idea.
Without having to lift a finger, you can have qualified leads magically handed to you on a silver platter.
All you need to do is show up, have a brief conversation, and collect your check.
This is the dream that appointment setters and outsourced lead
generation companies would have you believe.
Just pay them a hefty monthly retainer, sit back and let them take care of the rest.
I’m not saying this can’t work.
But here’s the thing…
Outsourcing lead generation is NOT a marketing strategy.
It’s a tactic.
It might work.
It might not.
But it should not, under any circumstances, be a replacement for an
ACTUAL marketing strategy.
A marketing strategy that defines…
* the ideal clients you want to pursue
* the way you’re going to position yourself in the market
* the message you’ll use to get your ideal client’s attention
* the way you’ll package and price your services
* the tactics you’ll use to get in front of those clients
Once you have all that figured out…
By all means, outsource some of your marketing execution, if and when it makes sense.
But you CANNOT outsource marketing strategy.
You need to own it.
Because it’s your business.