Naeem Ali is a CBTC (“Communication Based Train Control”) consultant. With over 15 years of experience deploying CBTC train solutions, Naeem is one of the leading CBTC experts in the world.
In this interview, Naeem and I discuss the launch of his new consulting business. After releasing a white paper a few months ago, Naeem has a steady stream of new leads coming in the door. His next challenge is converting those leads into conversations.
- Naeem shares his background (02:41)
- The types of projects Naeem has worked on (03:42)
- The story of how Naeem started his firm (04:40)
- Some of the challenges with Naeem’s business (07:48)
- Ahmad’s suggestions to develop relationships with leads (11:43)
- How to get potential clients to want to talk to him (21:09)
- What to do after the consultation (22:55)
- The goal of his lead generation efforts (28:12)
- Naeem’s process to qualify leads who downlaod his white paper (30:40)
- The difference between email subscribers and leads (31:52)
- Why Naeem should consider an account based marketing approach (36:08)
- How to decide what goes into the CRM (42:25)