Hitting capacity in a service business is an inevitable and uncomfortable position to be in. It’s nice to be busy, but it’s unsettling to know that you’ve maxed out on your growth potential. Fortunately, there are several ways that service businesses can grow beyond their current capacity. And they don’t all involve hiring staff.
In this interview, Molly Nicholson gets on the hot seat to talk about how to grow her marketing firm, Molecule Marketing. Molly and I explore how she can develop a “turnkey service” that will allow her to charge more, spend less of her own time servicing clients, and ultimately grow the business.
- Molly shares her background and business (02:05)
- Why she chose to target the beverage industry (02:48)
- Molly’s one marketing business challenge right now (05:01)
- What a typical engagement looks like for Molly (07:58)
- How Molly’s breaks down her work into stages (10:00)
- Ahmad’s address the first problem with Molly’s strategy (13:57)
- How Molly can develop a “turnkey service” (18:33)
- How to solve the pricing problems in Molly’s business (25:22)