Joel Smith is the only theatre producer turned business development consultant that I’ve ever met. If that’s not enough to make for a good story, Joel has found a way to integrate his theatre experience with his business development practice, Ampersand Smith.
The result? When you talk to Joel, you don’t get a lot of the empty jargon you’ll hear from other business development folks. He uses different language. He approaches the problem in a different way. And that helps him stand out in an otherwise crowded market.
- How storytelling can help you achieve stronger results in your business (5:22)
- What kind of clients Joel loves working with (6:36)
- What things were like in the early days of Joel’s business (7:55)
- What services Ampersand Smith offers (11:00)
- The most important things to consider when launching a business (12:00)
- How Joel currently generates new business for Ampersand Smith (13:51)
- What Joel’s networking routine looks like (15:32)
- Joel shares his LinkedIn networking strategies (16:50)
- Joel’s approach to targeting and client development (18:40)
- What the next 2 to 3 years look like for Ampersand Smith (20:00)