Jake Jorgovan started his entrepreneurial journey as part owner of a video production agency. A few years into that experience, despite the fact that business was booming, Jake decided to sell his stake in the agency because he was looking for something else.
After a few more experiments and some international travel, Jake realized that business development was his core strength. So he started a business development consultancy for creative firms called Outbound Creative. And the rest, as they say, is history.
In this interview, Jake and I talk about his entrepreneurial journey, the many lessons he’s learned along the way, and how his experiences have shaped the way he approaches business today.
- Jake gives an overview of his business (02:27)
- How his entrepreneurial journey started (03:42)
- How Jake realized the business he was running wasn’t working for him (05:22)
- How Jake finds focus and clarity as an entrepreneur (09:38)
- What Jake did after leaving his first business (12:48)
- The kind of clients Jake works with now (14:58)
- What a typical engagement looks like with Jake (15:40)
- How Jake applies his strengths to select the right marketing tactics (20:31)
- How Jake finds leads through his podcast (23:04)
- Jake’s approach to building a productized service (26:31)
- Why Jake decided not to build a typical thought leadership business (29:53)