David C. Baker is the author of a fantastic book called The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Turn Insights into Impact + Wealth.
This book is a must-read for anyone who calls themselves an expert (i.e. you) and sells services that stem from their expertise.
In this interview, David shares his professional journey and discusses how he learned many of the lessons he presents in the book (often the hard way).
We also dive into some of the specific topics that David covers in the book. Plus a lightning round at the end for good measure.
- David shares his backstory
- How David’s experiences shaped who he has become today
- David’s experience starting a marketing agency
- How David positions his consulting practice
- How David luckily nailed his positioning the first time
- How his content creation process evolved in the past 20 years
- Drop and give me 20 exercise
- Distinguishing expertise from implementation
- Is implementation a rite of passage?
- Lightning round
- The Business of Expertise: How Entrepreneurial Experts Turn Insights into Impact + Wealth
- David’s Website
Get the podcast delivered to your inbox