Ian Brodie teaches consultants, coaches, and professional service providers to attract and win their ideal clients by becoming seen as authorities in their field.
In this interview, we talk about Ian’s journey from working at a big firm to taking the leap as an independent consultant. Then we dive into the topic of how to develop a distinctive point of view, so you can differentiate yourself from the competition and stand out from the crowd.
- Ian shares his backstory [03:00]
- Ian’s experience running his first business [04:39]
- His transition from working at a big firm to becoming an independent consultant [07:09]
- How Ian’s marketing evolved over the years and what’s worked for him [13:45]
- Ian’s recommended ‘playbook’ for a consultant who wants to build an online platform and attract clients online [16:30]
- The mindset issue that holds people back from building their distinct point of view [22:57]
- How to be ‘disruptive’ [28:25]
- A high-level process to follow to develop your distinctive point of view [34:08]
Get the podcast delivered to your inbox