There are many pros and cons of working as a freelance consultant.
It’s why Jacq recommends doing a self-audit to make an informed decision before leaving a stable job.
But if you thrive on uncertainty, working outside your comfort zone, hitting deadlines and targets, and managing expectations… life as a consultant might be the one for you.
Of course, you won’t *really* know until you try.
If you’re considering making the leap, this is the interview for you.
Find out how to discover your niche, what you need to perfect, and how to build client relationships in this episode with eighteen-year veteran, Jacq Hackett.
It’s a competitive market out there, take all the advice you can get!
- Jacq shares her backstory
- What attracted Jacq to consulting and give up her corporate job
- Discover the difference between what she thought consulting would be like vs what it’s actually like
- Find out how you can decide if consulting is right for you
- Learn the biggest challenges you can expect in the early days as a consultant
- What’s the best way to find your area of specialization
- How to do a better job of delivering consulting work
- How Jacq helps people take the leap from employee to solo consultant
Connect with Jacq:
Get the podcast delivered to your inbox