Running a small service business is no small task.
As the founder, there’s no doubt that time is your most precious asset. And yet, you’re probably wasting a ton of it doing things like:
- Customizing every project to “meet the client’s needs”
- Chasing prospects who will never do business with you
- Doing work that doesn’t make the best use of your skills
All these things are a drain on your time and energy. They’re preventing you from doing your best work, working with your best clients, and ultimately making your firm more profitable.
The fix? Read Pia Silva’s new book, Badass Your Brand: The Impatient Entrepreneur’s Guide to Turning Expertise into Profit, and listen to this interview.
In our conversation, Pia and I dig a little bit deeper into the topics she covers in the book. You’ll discover:
- Why “saying no” is the best thing you can do for your business
- The unconventional sales process that will help you win more deals in less time
- What it really takes to stand out in your industry and get noticed
- Why you don’t need to be edgy to be a “badass”
This interview will be 100 times more useful if you pick up a copy of the book first.
- Badass Your Brand: The Impatient Entrepreneur’s Guide to Turning Expertise into Profit
- Pia Silva on Twitter
- Worstofall Design
- Pia’s weekly column on Forbes
- The Forbes article that featured Pia’s design firm